Help Spread The Word!

If you like our book review site, please recommend it to others. If you would like to join our reviewing community send me an email under the Ron Simpson profile. Thanks.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Madeline L'Engle



Madeline L'Engle

November 29, 1918 - September 6, 2007

As a lifelong bibliophile, I still have a collection of books that I adored as a child. Madeline L'Engle time series was one of my favorites. It was also the first science fiction/fantasy that I read. I always loved the time books - A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, and An Acceptable Time.

Later in my life, I rediscovered Madeline L'Engle as a writer for adults and a Christian writer. She wrote fiction and non-fiction. One of my favorites is Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art. A prolific writer of over 60 books, she brought great joy to many readers across the age spectrum.

When I learned of her death, I picked up my copy of A Wrinkle in Time and rediscovered the joy she had given me so very long ago.

Farewell, Madeline L'Engle. Thank you for the journeys!

http://www.madeleinelengle.com/

2 comments:

Katie said...

I haven't read this one yet but I'm looking forward to it. I just wish I had read it before she passed away.

Flag Gazer said...

katie-
In doing the piece, I learned she had written another series I had never heard of. So, I am reading the new ones.