Help Spread The Word!

If you like our book review site, please recommend it to others. If you would like to join our reviewing community send me an email under the Ron Simpson profile. Thanks.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson

I read this book about a year ago, but I ran across it in a book search and remembered that I liked it so much that I thought I post up a short review.

A Walk in the Woods is an account of the author and a friend taking on the Appalachian Trail, a cross country trail that extends from north Georgia all the way into northern New England. It's a funny and true tale of their adventures and hardships involved in hiking and living off the land....most of the time.

He tells of how your outlook on humanity changes when you embark on this kind of trek. He accounts the weird people he and his hiker-mate encounter on the Trail.

I highly recommend this book to anyone. It is a universally lovable book.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I loved this one! I love Bryson anyway but this is one of my favorites. Right up there with his Sunburned Country one. But the stories in this one!!! So funny!

Anonymous said...

You got me interested in his other books now. I still don't know much about him as I was given this book by a co-worker.

Katie said...

When you have to read the rest I'm looking forward to what you think of them. I really love them. He has a new book out too but it isn't travel. :( Makes me sad in my heart! :)

Skeeter said...

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the recommend!